Example Projects and Tutorials
Ever wondered how a fully reproducible and automated project may look like? Get inspired here by accessing one of our example projects, which you can directly use as a template to kick-start your own project!
1. Tutorial for a simple
- features downloading (Twitter) JSON data from the web,
- parsing and conducting text analysis in Python, and
- running a simple analysis in R markdown
Longing to put your knowledge from our workflow guide into practice? Then follow this tutorial to implement a fully automated and reproducible workflow to conduct sentiment analysis on tweets, using our GitHub workflow template.
2. A Simple
Make Pipeline with R and Latex
In this example, you
find a simple
make pipeline, which prepares (
data-preparation) and analyzes (
data using R, and creates some tables for a paper (
paper) using Latex.
This is probably the most simplistic but still complete workflow, and thus highly recommended as a template to kickstart your projects.
Checkout Rafael's GitHub repository for all the details! Fork it/use it as a template - contributions appreciated!
3. The TiSEM AirBnB repository
Using publicly available data from AirBnB (available via Kaggle.com), we illustrate how a reproducible workflow may look like in practice.
We've crafted this project to run
- platform-independent (Mac, Linux, Windows)
- across a diverse set of software programs (Stata, Python, R)
- producing an entire (mock) paper, including modules that
- download data from Kaggle,
- prepare data for analysis,
- run a simple analysis,
- produce a paper with output tables and figures.
This repository is still work-in-progress.
4. The webscraper repository
Check out our GitHub repository with a few web scrapers that illustrate our thinking of how to code up data collections.
The repository is still work-in-progress.